Pieces of Us...
Just Another Day... - Saturday, January 15, 2005
Its been a bit since I've had time to write. I still haven't "perfected" the skin either. We have been really busy around here. I just returned from a business meeting/inaugural in Pinehurst. For those of you who have never been, its a must. Its a beautiful resort and The Village outside of Pinehurst has all kinds of neat little shops and restaurants. I had never been there before, so it was nice to have our inaugural at a different location. The meetings went pretty well, but I was exhausted afterwards. I'm still recuperating. Now I remember why I love my job though. I love visiting those beautiful resorts when I travel. The only problem is, I never get to actually ENJOY them. That really blows.

My mom and stupidity are here from TN. Mom came to stay with Jonathan and the kids while I was gone. Not that Jonathan couldn't handle them by himself or anything, but its easier if you do have help. Mom likes to come over and stay with them and this is a three day weekend because of MLK Day on Monday, so I thought it would be a perfect time for her to come. Then I could also spend a 3 day weekend with her to. We are planning on going to the Streets at Southpoint to do a little shopping on Monday. Not that we need to do any shopping or anything. We really only "window" shop. Its a nice mall and they have some great restaurants and its nice to just get out of the house for awhile.

Skyler has started taking gymnastics and she absolutely LOVES it. I'll have to take the camera and get a few shots of her. She is having an absolute blast. The gym where she takes it at is pretty nice. They have two gyms for the kids and have the trampolines down in the floor, the big pits for them to fall in, etc. Its really nice. Its costing us $67.00 a month, but I guess that isn't too bad. So now Tuesdays are gymnastics and Thursdays are ballet. That's a pretty full schedule for a 3 year old I guess. Considering she also goes to Christian school 5 days a week. Its definitely keeping me running I tell you. Jonathan picks up Chase on Tuesdays and Thursdays while Skyler and I do the "girl thing." I guess Chase and Jonathan can do the "guy thing" like t-ball, football or whatever when Chase gets older. I know if Chase is even half way interested in playing sports, Jonathan will be right there with him.

I almost forgot... Skyler had a little "incident" the other day. While I was in Pinehurst, Jonathan called and said that Skyler had fallen at school and broke off half of her tooth! Her FRONT tooth no less. I almost freaked out. It might sound vain, but I don't want my daughter going around with a half a tooth for the next 3 to 4 years until she loses her baby teeth. I called our dentist (whom hasn't ever seen Skyler because he says that kids don't really need to go until they are 4 because it freaks them out) and they said that there really wasn't anything you could do for a 3 year old. Well I thought that was a load of crap, so I asked her to give me the number of some children's dentists. Now mind you, I'm making all these calls while I'm in the Meeting Planner's Room at the Pinehurst Resort in the middle of our inaugural meetings. So I call the first dentist and they say since she has never been a patient before that they will have to have 100% payment at the time of service. I said, "But we have dental insurance." But that didn't seem to matter. So I said, well how much will it cost. And the lady said well anywhere between $50.00 to $800.00! Now mind you that's a pretty frigging huge gap there! So I called ANOTHER dentist and finally got her in to be seen that day.

Needless to say, Skyler was EXCELLENT at the dentist's office. They said they had never seen a child that young act so calmly at her first visit. Skyler was excited to go to the dentist. Jonathan said she let them put the thing in her mouth that holds it open and they did their thing and it looked great. Unfortunately, I didn't even get to see what it actually looked like and Jonathan didn't bother to take a picture. But the tooth looks pretty good. You really can't even tell it unless you knew it was there. And it only cost us $50.00. Not bad! She also doesn't have any cavities which is a plus!

Skyler has always loved her pediatrician. She actually asks to go see him sometimes. She is one tough cookie. When its time to get a shot, she just jerks down those little drawers and sticks her booty out and is ready to go. Its funny how some things don't bother a child, but then they can freak over small things.

Well moving on to other things besides the kids.... Jonathan and I are really looking forward to the cruise next month. We are going to fly to New Orleans and stay a few days there before the ship actually leaves. We were in New Orleans a few years ago on a cruise, but the ship was only in port for 6 hours, so we didn't get to do a whole lot. We are flying to New Orleans on Friday and our ship leaves at 5:00 on Sunday. So we will have almost two full days there. I am really looking forward to having some fun in the sun and eating all that food! This will be our third cruise and we are really excited. I really would like to try another cruise line besides Carnival. Maybe next year. I also wouldn't mind going back to Cancun again sometime this year. We had so much fun when we were there a few years ago.


I emailed a lady whose journal I had just started reading last year when all of a sudden her journal disappeared. Anyway, she emailed me back and said that she had a new address. So it was nice finding her again. I'll add her as one of my favorite links if I ever get around to fixing the skin on this thing. Maybe I should end the post for now and work on the skin. Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe some day I will actually have some readers who read my journal.

Until we meet again....
Just Another Day...
Monica; 5:12 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

hey i read your blog..lol...Hope you have a great time on your cruise. I was hoping to go on one for my husband and I 10 anniversary. That did not happen, so maybe 15? lol...My son had to have 4 teeth pulled because of a fall that chipped his teeth. I waited 5 years for him to have front teeth again. We called him dracula for the longest. hehe

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com