Pieces of Us...
Another Yucky Day - Sunday, January 30, 2005
Don't you really hate it when the weather is bad on a weekend. No, it can't snow or ice during the week when you have to go to work. It has to do it on the weekend when your off! I'm lucky, if its really bad, our office closes. But for the last two weeks we have had bad weather on the weekend and not during the work week. That really sucks. So for two weekends in a row, the kids and I have been stuck in the house. Skyler and I both are definitely NOT "homebodys". We like to get out and run the roads. But when there is a sheet of ice on the road, you tend to stay home and tough it out. We are both going stir crazy. Skyler keeps asking if its time to go to school. Now if I can get her to ask that when she is in high school, I would be doing well. :-)

Chase and Skyler both are snoozing at the moment. Its hard to get them both down at once. Jonathan got up with both of them this morning. Chase woke up at 6:45 a.m. I think his days of sleeping in until 8:30 a.m. are over. He doesn't cry when he wakes up, he just lays there and talks to himself and sings. After about 45 minutes of listening to him, I finally hollered at Jonathan to come up and get him. Jonathan usually sleeps in on Saturdays and I sleep in on Sundays. At least if we work it that way, one of us gets a good sleeping in day a week. Jonathan definitely likes his sleep. He has been sleeping downstairs in the baby's room for a few weeks now. His snoring is just so bad that neither I or Chase can sleep. I know its time I move Chase into his own bed in his own room, but he sleeps so good in the bassinet. Plus I love waking up and looking over at him. But if I don't get him in his own room soon, I'm sure there is going to be hell to pay.



I can't believe we are going to be without them for two weeks. My sister's stepdaughter is getting married on February 12th. We are leaving for our cruise on the 18th, so we thought we would drive to TN to drop them off on the 16th. But if we are going to be in TN on the 12th for the wedding, there really isn't any sense in making another trip to take them back. So if we drop them off on the 13th after the wedding, that means we will be without them for two whole weeks! Yikes! My babysitter can't believe that we could live without our kids for that long. It is going to be strange to not be with them, but it will be nice in a way to. Maybe I can get some things done around the house before we go. Not! I'm sure we will spend most of our time just hanging out and wondering what to do with ourselves.

One of my closest friend's mother died this week. I feel really bad for her. She is only 35 and both of her parents and a sister are gone. She isn't married and has no children. She spent a lot of her time taking care of her mother at the nursing home. Three nights a week and on the weekends she went to the nursing home to take care of her mom. I know its going to be a big adjustment for her now that her mother is gone. I can't imagine the day when I lose my mother. Another journaler I read, Caroline, her mother is very sick. She is a diabetic like my mother. My mother is a really bad diabetic, but all in all she has been okay. She is disabled and doesn't work, but she hasn't spent a lot of time in the hospital. I hope Caroline's mother gets well soon. I dread the day when I to will lose my mother. I think the only thing worse than losing a parent is losing a child or spouse. I know we all die someday, but death is very hard to deal with.

Jonathan has gone to work today. He was gone for 3 days last week to TN to visit with his grandmother. She is in the hospital with pneumonia. She is 80 years old and her health is starting to fade. I dread the day when she passes. She is Jonathan's only real family he has left besides us. He doesn't really have much to do with his father, his brother is dead and he doesn't really speak to any of his other brothers and sisters. I know I've mentioned Jonathan's family before, but it would take novel to even get started on that one. Sometimes I feel bad for Chase and Skyler. They really won't have a whole lot of family when they grow up. I can remember the days at my mamaw's house in TN with lots of cousins running around on the farm during the summers with me. I guess a lot of children in this day and age won't know the kind of family we grew up with. People have less children now. Its just so expensive to have very many children. I don't know how we will make it sometimes with the two we have. Daycare alone is like $750.00 a month. Not including diapers, formula, clothes, etc. Kids are EXPENSIVE! Sometimes it would really pay you not to work. I would love to stay home with the kids, but I think I would also go crazy if I didn't have any money and I had to stay cooped up in the house all the time. Hell, I'm going crazy just being in the house for two days during an ice storm!

I know I'm jumping all over the place here today. Its just I don't have a lot of time to sit down and write and when I do, my mind is just thinking of all kinds of stuff to say and I don't know where to begin. I know I'm not a good writer like a lot of other journalers I read. I just say whats on my mind and whats going on in my life. I don't know how to make it sound interesting or anything. I think I really only have one reader anyway and that's Caroline. I guess that's a start anyway. Its amazing how some of the journals I read, they have thousands of hits a day. I guess that's why they are good writers and they can keep people coming back for more.

I'm wondering sometimes if Skyler looks like me. Here is a pic of me when I was 4 years old. I really think Chase is going to look more like me than Skyler will. Skyler looks more like her daddy.

>


And a picture of Skyler at three years old....

>


Can't say that we really look much alike, huh? I wish I had a picture of me when I was 5 months old. I have one at my mom's. If you put that picture up next to Chase, it looks like the same baby. We even fooled my dad. We took Chase's newborn picture and mine and showed them to him and he thought it was the same baby. Now that's kind of freaky isn't it?

Speaking of journalers, as you probably know, my three favorite journalers are Nance, Robyn and Jane. Well Nance has recently started a job and Jane will soon be starting one. I've really seen their writing slacking off since they began their jobs and job hunt. So it doesn't make me feel so bad that I can't keep up with the posts. Its so hard to find the time to write, work, take care of the house and the kids, etc. Sometimes I wonder how in the hell people do it. Does it get easier as your kids get older when they can do more for themselves? Or does it get harder because you are trying to keep up with what the hell they are doing? I can say I really dread the teenage years. I know I was definitely a handful in my teenage years. I have a feeling that Skyler is going to be just like me. What was it my mom said to me once when I was 15? "You reep what you sew." Now that sends chills up my spine that's for sure. I can already see a lot of me in Skyler. She is hard-headed, wants her way and is an all around little bit-- sometimes. Yup, sounds just like me. I don't think Jonathan can take two bitchy women in the house. I guess we'll see.

Well I think I have totally rambled on long enough for one day. I better end for now. Until we meet again....
Another Yucky Day
Monica; 2:16 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your blog. You know even just the thought of losing my mother was enough. I don't know what i will do if i ever do lose her! We are best friends! It will be great to be without the kids for 2 weeks...I'm jealous! You will be alright with that because you are leaving them in good hands! A nice trusting home. I find my time for blogging when i get off work, if you haven't noticed i usually post comments or posts at 1 or 2 in the morning. It also winds me down from work and gets me to bed.
I love the pics of the kids. They are the cutest! But i don't think i have ever seen a pic of your husband. Just wondering...I am going to have to get some pics put up on mine...mom is going to have to show me how to do that...I'm not sure if i ever gave you my mother's blog...so i will let you check it out...she does have my kids posted on her blog....Darin and Amber are mine...http://mommasplaceathome.blogspot.com/ she's pretty interesting reading if you get a chance....Take care Monica and you keep up the good work!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

Hiya. Isn't it funny how we see ourselves in images of our kids sometimes? I have a slide of me taken when I was about 4 or 5, and it's the splitting image of my middle son at the same age! Eerie!

My father passed away almost eight years' ago now, and my mum is in her 76th year, and her health's failing rapidly, sadly. My one-and-only brother and I are pretty close now, altho there was a bit of frost between us a few years' ago. But now we're pretty close, and I'm really glad of that.

I'm sure if you've read Caroline's blog, you'll know her mum's home again - at last! 56 loooong days...

Cyalayta
Mal :o)
http://malnews.cjb.net

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com