Pieces of Us...
Kids? What Kids? - Monday, December 20, 2004
My babies are gone!!! Well they are gone for a few days anyway. Jonathan took them to meet my parents on Friday. He drove them half way to VA where my parents met him and took them on to TN. We had such a mess to clean up after the painters left last week. Our house was TRASHED and I do mean T-R-A-S-H-E-D! We spent the entire weekend cleaning, moving things around, getting rid of things, etc. I think this has been the most organized our house has been since before Skyler was born. Its unbelievable to look around and not see clutter for once. Hmmm, but I wonder how long it is going to stay this way. Not long I'm sure. I'm going to have to take some photos of the un-clutter and put up here to remind myself what it looks like. Because I know when the kids return, its going to be back to the disaster area!

I do miss them, but God its nice to have peace and quiet every once in awhile. I just don't know what to do with myself when they are gone though. There are so many things I need to get caught up on. I've been reading this one book I got from the library several weeks ago called Hissy Fit and was hoping I would finish it up, but I haven't so far.

I wrapped Christmas presents all night last night. I finally found my dad a present. I have thought long and hard and I couldn't figure out what in the world to buy him. I don't see him that often since he lives in TN and has only been to visit me twice since we have lived here (which is since 1999). And I really don't know what he does have.... Anyway, he raises cattle and is out on the farm a lot dealing with the cows, so I thought I would buy him one of those coolers that you can plug up in your car/truck. That way when he is out bailing hay or whatever he will have a nice cool drink. I just suck at buying presents for men. My step dad makes it easy. He just gives you a list from Sears or Wal-Mart or where ever with what he wants and you just go buy what he wants. Much simpler. Wish Lists are THE best. I made one for Skyler this year, but I think it was confusing for the grandparents. They haven't gotten the idea down that you print the list out and when you buy something from it, you have it taken off the list. They ended up buying her some things twice. And taking things back after Christmas, as we all know, is a nightmare. Not that the poor child doesn't have enough toys/clothes, etc. anyway.

I didn't go to work today. I won't go into the details, because they aren't pretty, but I'm having problems with my leg and also some cysts. So now I get to go back to the doctor for a sono on Wednesday. Oh fun. I thought I was done with sonos after I had Chase. But I guess not. I just hope I don't have to have some kind of weird surgery or anything. I am not fond of hospitals and doctors.

It has turned absolutely freezing here in NC. When I went out for my doctor's appointment today I thought I was going to die. It felt like we were living in Alaska or something. I just hope it doesn't snow before I go home to TN on Thursday. My kids are in TN, we are here in NC and if it snowed and we couldn't get to TN. Now how bad would that suck! Jonathan says we need to start having Christmas at our own house. I kind of agree in a way. I mean we didn't even put up a Christmas tree this year and Skyler was worried that Santa wouldn't be able to find her at Mamaw and Papaw's house. Now where do kids come up with this stuff? It kind of blows because we have to wrap everything up, transport it to TN, unwrap it and then hall the sh-- back to NC again. What a waste, huh? But I figured as long as my mother and father are alive, we should go home. My entire family is there, including my sister, my niece, step mom, step dad, etc. So its hard not to go home. We missed so many holidays being overseas, etc. Its nice to go home for Christmas.

Well I guess I have blabbed on enough for one day. I'll leave with a couple of boring pics of the kids. Until we meet again.....
Kids? What Kids?
Monica; 5:52 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

sometimes its nice to have the children gone. but then you don't know what to do. you get so used to things it never feels right when they are not around. hope you have a great and safe holiday! merry christmas

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 10 degrees here in Michigan and because of the wind chill it's negative degrees! The other day we went to a Christmas party and I swear my nose hairs froze. Oh, the joys of living in Michigan. We live right by a lake so it gets even colder and icier!(?) I hope you had a nice holiday!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com