Pieces of Us...
Christmas Already? - Saturday, December 04, 2004
Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? I can't frigging believe it. Jonathan and I were never really any of these "Christmas Freaks". Hell, we didn't even put up a Christmas tree most years. But now that we have kids, we can't be Scrooges anymore I guess. Poor Skyler has already been asking, "Mommy, are we going to have a Christmas tree?" Now how can you tell your three year old daughter that she isn't getting a Christmas tree in your already over-crowded house? Well you just can't! My husband doesn't want to put one up because we always end up going to Tennessee to have Christmas with our family. But we still need a tree I say!

He is supposed to put the Christmas tree up tomorrow. You know, today is championship games in college football, so he is nowhere in sight. Never mind that I have had yard people and carpenters in the house all day today. Where the hell is my husband? Well at Hooters watching the ballgame and drinking beer, of course!

After 14 years of marriage, I have pretty much given up on my husband doing much of anything around the house. I can depend on him to work, help take care of the kids and he basically gives me free reign with our finances, but that's basically all he does. Take it or leave it, I guess, huh? I have to take care of anything that has to do with the household. Including insurances, finances, taxes, grocery shopping, clothes shopping (he doesn't even buy his own clothes or shoes) and pretty much anything to do with the kids. And men wonder why women are depressed so often and have nervous breakdowns! I know, bitch, moan, groan. But, after all, this is MY journal, so I can basically bitch and moan all I want!

So we are getting ready to do about $3,000 worth of painting and refurbishing inside the house. We are basically repainting the entire interior of the house. Who had to do all the contracting, meeting, negotiating and picking out colors, etc.? Why ME of course! I finally have everything pretty much laid out for the contractors. We have this stupid window that's in our master bedroom that looks down onto the dining and living room areas. Now who in their right mind wanted this frigging window, I shall never know. It is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Jonathan stays downstairs at night and has his "manly alone time" and watches television. His lights and the television blares in through the window (its glass) and bothers the immortal crap out of me. You can hear everything that is said from downstairs and you basically have ZERO privacy with the window there. Everything you do in the master bedroom can also be heard downstairs. So, me and my big bright self decided to have the frigging nuisance sheet rocked in. So window, be gone! So, of course, I had to find a carpenter to come and do it. Because you KNOW we aren't going to get Jonathan in on this game. So Vernon the carpenter is, as we speak, sheet rocking the damn window in. ThankyaJesus! So tonight, for the first time in five years that we have lived in this house, I will not have to hear Jonathan's television... I will not have to see the light blaring in through the window in my eyes... And I won't have to hear Jonathan chattering the night away to his friends on his frigging cell phone! Yeah!!!!!

Also this morning, I hired a gardner to come and re-do our front flower beds. It had been several years since anything had been done to them and they were pretty much out of control. I have finally given in that my husband isn't going to do "jack shi-", so I'll just HIRE somebody to do it for me. I have enough to take care of with the kids, finances, household stuff, housework, etc. so if I have to pay someone else to do it while Jonathan sits on his a-- and watches ballgames, then so be it. At least it gets done, right?

So I had my work Christmas party at a restaurant last night. It went really well. I pretty much enjoy everyone I work with, so I'm lucky in that retrospect. I read other people's journals and listen to them moan and groan about work, so at least I don't have any gripes there. However, I also read other people's journals who tell how WONDERFUL their husbands are who does everything for them, mows the yard, is Mr. Handyman himself, etc. and I want to puke! Well lucky you ladies! I guess no one is married to "Mr. Perfect". But I sure as he-- ain't anywhere close!

Well moving on from my bit-- session... Jonathan's biological father isn't doing so hot. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this or not, but he and his brother Randy were raised by their grandparents. Their mom left when Jonathan was 2 and Randy was 1. She just took Jonathan to the neighbor's house and said she was going to the grocery store to pick up some stuff and was pretty much never seen nor heard from again. I could write novels on Jonathan's life, but that's pretty much the jist of how he came to live with his grandparents. Anyway, his dad didn't raise him and he really doesn't see him that much. I guess he has really bad heart problems and Jonathan's grandmother wants him to call him, but Jonathan pretty much doesn't care. I can't say that I blame him really. He has basically never done anything for Jonathan or Randy. And when Randy passed away two years ago with no insurance, no money and leaving behind two small children. Jonathan's dad stepped up to the plate and signed to pay for Randy's funeral. Jonathan was very proud of his father and said, "Well he sure as he-- didn't do anything for us in life, but at least he is going to take care of Randy in death." Well that didn't happen. He signed the paperwork and paid $600 to have Randy's grave opened and closed, but never paid another red cent. It took Jonathan's grandmother another 2 years to pay for Randy's funeral. Now, I know, your going to say, "Well why didn't you and Jonathan step up to the plate and pay for it." Well for this reason, Jonathan's grandmother didn't sign the paperwork, so she was in no way responsible for paying it. Jonathan's father signed it and if he didn't make the payments, well then he should be the one to pay the consequences. Right? Well Jonathan's poor grandmother doesn't want her precious son to get in trouble. So she did without and made the monthly payments to pay it off. I refused to allow Jonathan to pay much of anything towards the funeral, because my opinion was, it was his father's responsibility. Randy left two young sons and a girlfriend with basically nothing. Jonathan really hasn't been the same since his brother died.

Well I could go on for days, but I have bored you enough for one day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Until we meet again....
Christmas Already?
Monica; 2:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com