Pieces of Us...
Busy, Busy Busy... - Thursday, December 16, 2004
I can't believe I haven't updated this thing since December 4th! This month is just FLYING by! I can't believe Christmas is next weekend! Hell, I don't even have half of my crap wrapped!

Also, we are such BAD parents! Can you believe we haven't even put up a Christmas tree this year? I know, I know, it sounds horrible. But I promise we have a good excuse. We were having the entire interior of our house painted and we knew they would end up knocking the tree over and busting half of the ornaments, so we figured we would just not put one up this year. Not to mention the fact we are going home to Tennessee for Christmas, so what does it matter anyway? I did start feeling bad that we hadn't put one up and I went out and bought Skyler a Barbie Christmas tree with some Dora the Explorer and Strawberry Shortcake ornaments. I'll try and remember to take a picture of the tree so you can see how cute it is.

But them I made the mistake of telling her something.... Before we go to bed at night we turn out the lights on her little Christmas tree. Well she started waking up at night and hollering for us to turn the tree lights back on. So I explained to her that Daddy has to turn them off at night so the tree doesn't catch on fire. Well that did it! Miss Priss is petrified of fire and now she refuses to let us turn the little pink lights on. Go figure, huh?

Moving on to other things... Having the interior of the house painted was a nightmare. We have so much crap in our house. We need to just light a match to the place or have a REALLY large garage sale either one. It was a pain in the ass to move everything around. We have these 27 foot high ceilings in the living room and painting the walls was a mess! Our house is totally trashed. We had to spend the entire weekend at a motel. Which, needless to say, wasn't much fun. So last weekend I got no clothes washed and no housework done. We haven't even moved all of the furniture back in place yet. The house is a DISASTER area and I mean that seriously.

Sunday we took Chase and Skyler to have their pictures made. They turned out really cute. I'll put a few of them up here. They are such doll babies! Jonathan is on his way to take Skyler to dance class tonight. Normally I take her, but I have a class at the local college tonight, so he is on dance duty tonight. It should be interesting how that turns out because he had to take Chase along with him to.

Tomorrow Jonathan is driving the kids to TN so they can spend a few days with their grandparents. I'm driving to TN next Thursday, so we will have almost an entire week without the kids! Woohoo!! I am going to miss them terribly, but you know, sometimes it just feels good as hell to be kidless for a few days! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the last month. It sems there are never enough hours in the day for anything. I haven't even been keeping up with some of my favorite online journalers. Hell, I have been saying for months I was going to try and fix this journal with a good skin, links, etc. But I haven't done that either. I just blow!

Well hate to cut it short since it has been almost two weeks since I updated, but I must get ready for my class. Until we meet again....
Busy, Busy Busy...
Monica; 5:58 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I know what you mean about running around like a chicken, I have been doing that the past 3 weeks! between trips to the hospital, christmas shopping, wrapping presents, housework and everything else. It will make all that your doing easier with the kids gone for a few days. You will be able to just go instead of packing to leave. I used to enjoy weekends without the kids, thanks to my mother. Now they are bigger and they get bored over there, so that don't much happen anymore. Try and have a great holiday!!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com