Pieces of Us...
Still Working on the Skin.... - Saturday, November 27, 2004
So I'm back to square one with the skin. I think I have resigned myself that I am going to have to lose the comments and use a tagboard instead. I've not really seen that many tagboards on most of the journals I read, but I guess this isn't a normal journal like I read. My favorites are Jane, Robyn and Nance. I think they all use Movable Type and not blogspot. I tried downloading Movable Type, but I can't even begin using the thing.

I actually had another post ready to go, but for some reason I just lost the frigging thing. Dangit. Back up, back up, save, learn that Monica!

So we had a pretty nice Thanksgiving. Nothing exciting. As I mentioned before, my mom and stepdad came over from TN. We ate around 5:30. Our meal was pretty easy to make. Most of it came from Popeye's. Standing over a hot stove slaving all day just isn't me.

So I swore I wouldn't do any shopping on "Black Friday" but I was so bored after sitting in the house for two days that I had to get out yesterday. So around 3:00 p.m. I headed to the mall. I know, please shoot me! But it actually wasn't that bad. I think most of the die hard shoppers had already left by that time. And the funny thing is, you know how they advertise all this extra stuff from 6:00 a.m. to noon, well they will still offering the same discounts at 3:00. So ha! I've already finished 90% of my shopping anyway. I still can't decide what to get Jonathan or my dad. And I still have to buy the stuff off my stepdad's list. My stepdad makes a list of exactly what he wants, so that makes it simple shopping for him. Not to mention he gets exactly what he wants or needs. I have made wish lists for Skyler and Chase on toysrus.com and walmart.com. Shopping is going high tech. At least their grandparents can look at the lists and get a general idea of the things they would like to have. The only thing I really need for Chase at the moment is a highchair.

Getting something for Jonathan is always a pain. You really don't know what to buy him. This year for his birthday I gave him a gift certificate to play golf. Golf is one of the things he really enjoys. Of course its one of the most expensive sports you can play. But he doesn't really play that often.

So I have decided I want to start collecting Tiffany jewelry. Not the expensive stuff, of course, but the sterling silver. I've never really collected anything and the jewelry just seemed kind of cool. Something that I can pass on to Skyler when she gets older. I've only purchased one piece so far. Its the Return to Tiffany Tag Bracelet. We purchased it at Tiffany's in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands last year while we were on our cruise. The next thing I want is the Elsa Peretti Sterling Silver Cross. The sterling silver jewelry isn't too bad.

Today we are going to this place called Hill*billy Hide*away to eat dinner. Its a log cabin where they serve you "family style." On Saturday nights they also play bluegrass music. Skyler loves to listen to bluegrass music. When we are visiting our parents in TN my dad takes Skyler and my niece Sienna to the Carter Fold. They love to try and clog and listen to the music. My sister Becky and I used to go there almost every Saturday night with my dad and stepmom. We both had our little clogging shoes with the taps and our little dresses that spun out when you spun around. It was great fun. Skyler loves to go there to. I'm sure they have places like that around here to, but we haven't ever taken her. Jonathan doesn't care for bluegrass music too much. Believe it or not, he actually listens to Rap. I can't STAND rap and it pisses me off that he listens to that crap while Skyler is in the car. Now don't get me wrong, I do like some black music, but not the hard rap and not Eminem. He has been playing this one song over and over again and I actually like it. Its the Nelly and Tim McGraw song. Its pretty good. Right now Skyler is listening and dancing to a Whitney Houston song from The Bodyguard movie. Skyler LOVES music of all kinds. I used to take her to Kindermusik. But now she takes ballet, so its hard to take her to too many things. I think I might take Chase to Kindermusik when he gets a little older.

I finally figured out why I couldn't post pictures. Its the new Norton Internet Security program I have installed. The program can't get past the firewall or something like that. So basically if I turn the program off, then I can get through to post the pictures. Figures, huh?

Well I guess I better end this post for now. I'll bore you with some more pictures of the kids.
Still Working on the Skin....
Monica; 9:42 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com