Pieces of Us...
Finally, some work gets done... - Saturday, August 07, 2004
Today is af momentous day! I have had this long list of things that needed to be accomplished for quite some time. You know, those household things that need to be done before a baby comes home. Move the room around, get out bassinet and put together, install car seat, etc. I had made up a list of about 30 things that needs to be done before the baby arrives and Jonathan finally started on it today. There were other things on the list to that needed to be done/finished. A few weeks ago Jonathan had put one coat of sealant on the deck, but he had never finished it. I.e., where we get back to Jonathan starting things but never actually "finishing" them. Well today he and Bruce finally finished the second coat on the deck and front porch! Woohoo! I'll include a pic I took of the finished deck. It looks great! Yeah! Now we just have to put all the toys back on the deck and we are ready to go.


Jonathan has about 5 things checked off the list, so he still has a ways to go, but at least he has started. He knows that we are less than one week away from Chase's birth. I thought he was being all sweet and everything until he says today, "Yeah I was trying to get some of this stuff done today so I can go play golf tomorrow." Wrong! Wrong thing to say to pregnant woman who is practically house bound!!! Not to mention I do not have a paycheck coming in at this moment and golf is not a cheap sport! Then he tells me next Friday is a softball tournament he is supposed to play in. Um, hello. Next Friday is the day your son is going to be born. Now I know he is just messing with me because he doesn't seriously think he is going to attend a 7:30 a.m. c-section and then play a softball tournament that night does he? Not!!! Believe me, if I said it was okay, he would be there in a heartbeat.


I am going absolutely bonkers! I am soooo bored. I am so bored, I actually wish Skyler was back home so I could have something to do. I miss the Little Booger to death. She is my world. I still wonder how she is going to handle a new baby in the house. She has never really been around an infant. She seems to really like them when she sees them, but I'm sure it will be a whole different ballgame when its Mommy and Daddy who has the baby all the time. Not to mention the fact that she is a "Go Go Go Girl." The first thing she asks in the morning when she wakes up is "Where are we going today Mommy?" And normally she and I eat our breakfast and get our showers on the weekends and head out the door to some museum, park, water park, etc. At least the day I come home from the hospital is her first day at school. So she will at least have that to look forward to.


I went to the consignment shop yesterday and got Skyler some more clothes. I just love our consignment shop here in town. I don't buy Skyler any new clothes at all any more. The consignment shop only takes really nice, quality clothes and they are like more than 1/2 the price of the new stuff. I love buying the Tommy, Polo, Gymboree, Gap stuff and paying very little for it. I could never afford that stuff new. I can't see paying $40.00 for a Tommy outfit when I can get it for $6.50 at the consignment shop. A few weeks ago I even took some of Skyler's stuff there. I was really surprised that they only took like 30% of the stuff I took. I mean I didn't take anything that was worn or had stains on it, but they are very particular about what they take. I then received store credit for the stuff I took and we bought a few things for Chase and Skyler some school dresses. She should be pretty set for school now. Since I buy 95% of her clothes from the consignment shop, I do buy her good Stride Rite shoes. We usually go to Concord Mills in Charlotte to shop at the Stride Rite outlet, but this year I figured I wouldn't be making any shopping trips for awhile, so I bought her some shoes from the regular Stride Rite store. They had a buy 1 get 1 1/2 off sale. You know me, Ms. Cheap. I can't pay full price for anything.


I couldn't tell you the last time I bought anything for myself. You don't know what size you are going to be for awhile after you have a baby. It was great when I had Skyler. I only gained about 7 pounds (I am overweight beforehand) with the pregnancy and one week post baby, I had lost 19 pounds! I have only gained 3 pounds with this pregnancy. Of course I need to lose about 75, so that isn't saying much. But at least I didn't bulk up another 50 pounds or anything. My dream would be to have gastric bypass surgery and lose all this weight. But I don't know if insurance would cover that for me or not. I read one lady's journal who has had it done. She was even nice enough to write me back one time and give me some of the details of the surgery. Online journalers are so cool sometimes. I really don't have any readers yet or anything (and may never have because I'm not a great writer or anything), but the few I have met online and spoken with are really nice and interesting people.


I know, I'm rambling today, but I just don't have anything exciting to write about. I wonder sometimes how these ladies who are such great journalers who stay at home have so many interesting things to write about. I guess they just have more exciting lives than I do. Or they are more creative writers. I am definitely not a writer.


Well I have wasted enough of your time. Until tomorrow....
Finally, some work gets done...
Monica; 2:44 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your Blog and I feel the same way sometimes about nobody reading or nothing worth reading when I write. I find so many people to be so talented in there writing. I am also pregnant and enjoy reading your story. Keep up the good work. Kelly

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com