Pieces of Us...
What in the World?!?! - Saturday, July 24, 2004
You are NOT going to believe this one.  So yesterday I took Skyler to the doctor.  For a week or so now she has been complaining whenever she had to go pee.  She would refuse to pee when we put her on the toilet and she would ask for a drink of water and would want to hold your hand, etc.  And then she started holding it so long and then it would hit her and she had two accidents in one day.  Now mind you since she has been potty trained, she has only had like 5 accidents in an entire year!  She had an accident at school yesterday as she was awakening from her nap.  Then while we were at Babies-*-Us doing some last minute shopping for Chase, she stood in the middle of the highchair aisle and peed right there in the floor with a store worker looking on!  Eeegads!  What the he--! 


So I'm thinking, maybe she has a urinary tract infection or something.  I didn't know.  So I call her pediatrician's office and set her up an afternoon appointment.  We get there and, of course, she has to pee as soon as we get there.  I know they are going to ask her to pee in a cup, but she can't hold it until we are called back into the doctor's office.  So we go pee.  Then about 20 minutes later they call her back and, of course, they want her to pee.  So for like another 20 minutes we try to get her to pee with no luck.  Finally the doctor gives her a big glass of Pepsi (which is a special treat because we don't normally give her soda).  After a few minutes we go back to the bathroom and she pees.  She comes back and says to the doctor, "I peed especially for you Dr. B!" 


So they check her urine and no problems there.  Great!  I'm thinking maybe its just her imagination.  Then he says well lets check one more thing.  And he doesn't bother to tell me what they are checking for, but he sends his nurse in and they tell Skyler they are going to "tickle her butt."  Okay, whatever.  They are the professionals, so they know what they are doing.  So they stick a q-tip on her butt.  She laughs and they leave the room.


Then the next thing I know the doctor comes back in and says, "Its positive."  I'm like, "Okay, positive for what?"  And he says, "Pinworms."  I'm like, "What the fu--!!!"  What the heck are those?  Call me stupid, but I've never heard of them.  So now I'm all freaked out!  The doctor acted like it was no big deal, but I'm thinking, I wonder if everybody in the house has them or something.  I know, call me paranoid.  As if I'm not paranoid enough because I am having the c-section on Friday the 13th! 






What in the World?!?!
Monica; 3:16 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

I totally screwed up the comments section when I changed my template. So I'm trying to fix it here. I do NOT know any html!!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com