Pieces of Us...
Sick Day - Sunday, July 25, 2004
Today has been a long and lazy day.  Jonathan was supposed to work outside today on the deck.  I won't get into this long discussion, but he is the world's worst proscrastinator.  He hates doing anything at the house, i.e., mowing the yard, housework, yard work, etc.  He basically just wants to work and come home and sit on the couch.  Anyway, we paid someone to come clean our deck and he was supposed to stain and seal it afterwards.  Well its been almost a month and he still hasn't done it.  So today he was going to ask my brother, Bruce (who lives with us) to help him do it.  But needless to say, he woke up this morning saying he was sick.  So no deck stained today.  I'm sorry to hear he is sick, but it just seems every time he is supposed to do something, something else comes up.  I know I sound like a real bit-- for complaining that he is sick, but you would just have to know the whole long sob story about how lazy he can be.  He knows it, so this is nothing new.  He has all the energy in the world when it comes to playing golf, playing softball, going out with his buddies to play cards or drink beer, etc.  But God forbid if you ask his ass to do something around the house, he is too exhausted, says he will do it "tomorrow" or comes up with every other excuse on this planet.


The one good thing I can say about him is he normally is pretty helpful when it comes to Skyler.  But he isn't here very much, so that isn't saying much.  He has recently switched positions with his company and we are hoping that he will not be working the 12-15 hours per day 6 to 7 days a week that he recently has been working for the last 2 years.  He is a manager, so no matter if he works 8 hours or 16, he gets paid the same.  I've just been really resentful because he works so much and it basically just means he is away from us, and not earning an extra cent.


Skyler has been okay today.  I know she hates staying cooped up in the house all day.  She and I are normally constantly on the go.  But since I have been in my last trimester of the pregnancy, we basically haven't been running around as much as usual.  She normally asks me on the weekends as soon as she wakes up, "Where are we going Mommy?"  Now thats bad.  For the longest time she would get really angry if we didn't go somewhere.  Since my last trimester I have tried to cut back on us keeping the roads hot because I know once Chase arrives, our running days are coming to an end.  At least for awhile, anyway. 


Skyler goes to a Christian school that is like 1/2 mile from our house.  Its been very convenient.  I don't think I would send her there when she actually starts school, but its great for now.  She will turn 3 on August 23rd.  So she is in the Pre-K class.  I dread when the actual school year starts on August 16th because she will have to start wearing dresses every day to school.  There is no way in hell I would have worn a dress to school every single day. 


I guess I will still be in the hospital when she starts school on the 16th.  Chase is scheduled to be delivered on the 13th.  Everyone is still giving me a really hard time because its Friday the 13th.  Get over it people!  Geeze.  As if having someone cut you wide open and delivering your child isn't stressful enough.  I don't want to hear this crap about how bad luck and what a bad day it is.


As you can tell, I'm in a really great mood today.  Not!  I guess I was just expecting to have a little help with Skyler today, but no such luck.  It really sucks not having any family live near you.  My parents live in Tennessee and help out when they can.  But you really can't expect much when they live 3 1/2 hours away.  Of course, that is really close.  This is the closest we have ever lived to them in our entire 14 year marriage.  So its been nice to at least be able to drive home on a long weekend or something.  When we lived in Germany for 4 years we only made it home one time.  That really sucked.

Well I totally do not feel like writing more today.  I'm worn out from running around after Skyler by myself today.  Please tell me how people did it back in the old days when they had 8 kids one after another?  I can barely move and take care of Skyler while I'm in this last month.  At least I only have about 3 more weeks to go.  Then I'll be chasing a 3 year old and taking care of a newborn.  Whew. 
Sick Day
Monica; 5:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com