Pieces of Us...
Just Another Day... - Monday, July 26, 2004
For years Jonathan has wanted to buy a Har*ley-Dav*idson. I always argued with him saying that he would get killed, etc. He had a motorcycle (well I politely called it a "crotch rocket" before we were married). When I went to Germany to visit him he took me out on his bike and down the Autobahn. Needless to say, I refused to ever step foot on the back of his bike after that and after we were married he sold it. We couldn't afford it at the time and he needed a vehicle to drive so we could both ride in it and he had been in so much trouble on the bike over there, that it was decided it was best to get rid of it. Anyway, ever since then he has wanted a motorcycle, but I refused because he was so dangerous on one and now we have kids. So he finally relented and we decided to get a boat instead. We bought a used 1998 Bay*liner. Its a fairly small boat, I guess one might call it a "starter" boat or something. I thought it was a decent deal and in our price range and at least its something the entire family can use. Whereas a motorcycle would just be something he would use alone and not with the family. I guess I won't get to go out on it any this year with being pregnant and Chase arriving in just a few short weeks. But I think it will be something fun we will be able to use together as a family come next summer. Now we just have to figure out where to park the dang thing.


So the doctor has put me on half days at work. It really sucks in a way, because I'm losing more than half my pay. When I was pregnant with Skyler I didn't have any short term disability. By my 7 month they wanted me on full time bed rest because of low amniotic fluid. Well there was no way in hell I could go 6 months without my entire paycheck, so I took one week off on bed rest and then worked half days up until a few weeks before I had Skyler. So this time, I get smart and a couple of years ago I go buy myself some AF*LAC disability insurance. I'm thinking, ok, you guys wanna put my ass off on bed rest at 7 months this time, bring it on baby! I've got it covered! But hell no! This time everything is great (which I am definitely thankful for, don't get me wrong). And not only does she not put me off work so I CAN draw disability, but she puts me on half days! Geeze, I can't win for losing! Bitch session over for now....


So at least I can come home and rest (or post to this blog) for a bit before I have to go pick the Punk (our pet name for Skyler) up from school. Its nice to get a little breather before I have to come home and run around like a chicken with my head cut off cooking supper, feeding, playing, bathing and getting her ready for bed. I'm such a whiner.


Today is Jonathan's first day back in the shop. As I mentioned before, he was sicker than a dog this past weekend. I am really hoping now that he is back there he will have to work less hours. The store was just killing him. He was doing great though. He took the store from the bottom of the barrel to the number one sales store in the entire company (and there are over 220 stores). Not too bad for a punk ass shop manager with absolutely NO store experience. He surprised a lot of people at his company that's for sure. I think he is going to miss the challenge of the store though. But dang, working 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week with a young family back home for no extra pay. Screw that. We need him home some to!


I am so lucky to have such a great job. They are really understanding about the pregnancy thing. They have totally let me come and go as I please in these last few weeks. Need to work strange hours, shorter hours, etc. They are totally supportive. My doctor can't believe how great they are. Heck, I can't believe how great they are. I'm very lucky that's for sure. I'm also planning on changing my hours once I go back to work at the end of October. I'm going to go in really early and get off around 3:00 p.m. so I can go pick up Skyler and be home with time to spare in the evenings. Its so difficult to get off at 5:00 p.m., run to two separate daycares (which are approx. 15 miles apart), come home and cook supper and then start the bedtime routine. By the time I pick Skyler up from daycare and got home, it was 6:00 p.m. I'm sure it would be even later when I have to pick them both up. So they are working with me to change my hours so I can leave earlier and work a few hours from home. I can totally log into my computer from home and its just like I'm sitting at work. Its really awesome. (Please remind me of this post the next time I start bitching about my job)....


Okay, enough for now. I better go get Punk and get her home. We are having frozen lasagna from Sam's tonight. Yum! At least I don't have to really cook (like I ever do anyway).




Just Another Day...
Monica; 4:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com