Pieces of Us...
Friday the 13th - Friday, July 23, 2004
Ok is it me or what.  Today my doctor rescheduled my C-Section.  We were originally scheduled for August 20th, but since I am measuring at 38 1/2 weeks (and I'm currently only 35 1/2 weeks pregnant) and having problems, waiting until the 20th wasn't a good idea.  My due date is August 24th and she thought I might go into labor before the 20th so she rescheduled the date for Friday, August 13th.  I didn't really think much about it but today as I was mentioning it to my husband, my mother and my co-workers, everyone is freaking out!  Please don't tell an 8 month pregnant mother that having a baby on Friday the 13th is crazy!!  I tried to see if she could do it on the 12th or any other day that week, but either the doctor is booked or the hospital is.  Seems they had the 13th WIDE open!  Hmm, wonder why!  Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!! 


I have to take Skyler to the doctor today and I must leave in like 5 minutes, so I'll continue this one later....


Ok I am going to have a FREAKING heartattack!  I get home today, after taking Skyler to the doctor's office.  She had been complaining whenever she had to pee.  I mean like totally crying and screaming, so I'm figuring she has a urinary tract infection or something, right.  No, she has freaking pinworms!!!  Yes, my child has been eating dirt at school and now has pinworms!  How gross is that?!?!?!  So now I have forever scarred my child from telling her eating dirt has given her worms.  When Jonathan walked in the door the first thing she said was, "Daddy I have worms in my butt!  I ate a caterpillar!".  Kids! 


Anyway, so after I get home I see this letter from the NC Internal Revenue Service.  I automatically think, oh great, whats this.  I open it up and its a "Final Notice" saying we owe like $4,000 in back state taxes!  I almost sh-- on myself!!  And not only that, but it said FINAL NOTICE.  Okay, where were the other notices?  So anyway, I get to looking at it and it says it was for 1999 and we owed like $1,900.00 but over the years its accumulted all these penalties, interest, etc.  Okay, so where were the notices over the years?  And not only that, but we didn't even move to North Carolina until December 15, 1999!  So how the hell do we even owe NC taxes when we didn't even live here  but for two weeks the whole year.  The IRS really pisses me off!  Here I am 8 months pregnant and you receive something like this.  It totally freaked me out.  Not to mention my 2 year old who has been a total hellion all day is screaming and crying.  When Jonathan walks through the door I am in tears and losing it.  I called our current accountant and she was great, but then I go to look for our 1999 taxes and they are nowhere to be found.  Never mind that I have taxes back to 1991 the year we were married, but the only ones missing are the 1999 taxes.  She then explains how difficult its going to be to get everything straightened out unless we have a copy of those taxes.  Now mind you, my husband deals with nothing.  I handle all the financial stuff, insurance, mortgage, car payments, EVERYTHING.  I drop this one in his lap and say, "Take care of it!"  I'll schedule an appointment or something at the house, i.e. cable, work on air-conditioner, etc. and he is supposed to meet them and EVERY single time he'll call and say, "Can you go, I can't seem to break away from work."  No, not this time buddy.  You are handling this crisis and I don't want to hear another word about it before I totally lose it!

Notice the ranting of a pregnant, full time working mom of a 2 year old!  Excuse me here...


Today Skyler has just been awful.  I'm crying and upset about all  this stuff and Jonathan walks in the door to tell me is playing ball tonight because one of his buddies who plays for this church team, they don't have enough players.  Well excuse me!  He just can't ever see when I need help or need him to stay home.  Geeze! 






Friday the 13th
Monica; 1:55 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com