Pieces of Us...
Counting Down the Days..... - Tuesday, July 27, 2004
Ah, every day is becoming so long. It seems like I am waddling instead of walking now. I know as soon as Chase drops lower, it will become even more difficult to walk. Whine, moan, groan.... As I said yesterday, the doctor has cut me back to 4 hours a day at work. So I'm going to start going in at 1:00 p.m. and working until 5:00 p.m. At least I can sleep in a little during the mornings and get a few things accomplished before I have to go off to work. Jonathan can get Skyler up in the mornings, get her dressed, fix her hair and feed her breakfast. I guess thats a lot more than what a lot of husbands can do. I tried to involve Jonathan in child rearing as much as possible. I hate to see a man who can't do anything for his kids. Some of the people I work with, their husbands don't do anything with the kids. Pardon me, but I work full time also, so I think the child responsibilities should be shared. Not to mention if I up and died, God forbid, if Jonathan didn't even know how to take care of his own kid....


I took Skyler to the Pic*ture Pe*ople the other day and had her photo made. I wanted to leave her hair down because usually I put it up when she has her picture made, but I wish now I had at least pulled it back a bit. The pictures turned out pretty good though. I'll put a couple of them up here on this post. She is such a ham. They gave us an invitation to enter a personality contest they are doing. She will pose and prance about whenever they ask. She is so funny.


I've been thinking about this blog. I think that I will not talk about work so much. I know a lot of people discuss a lot about their work, but I think if someone from work ever came across your blog and read some of the horrible things you may have said about someone. Well you might just end up jobless. Not that I have anything horrible to say about anybody or anything. I actually enjoy my job. I mean I really enjoy it. I also like most everyone I work with. Its a small group, only about 20 or so employees, a non-profit association. I guess I'm really lucky to really enjoy my job. I've had lots of jobs over the years. With Jonathan being in the military 4 years was the longest we ever really stayed anywhere. I'm a paralegal/legal assistant by trade and I've worked for all kinds of attorneys. I've also worked for the JAG for the Dep*artment of Def*ense in Germany. I could really tell you some stories there! We did med-mal for all of Europe. I just have one thing to say about military hospitals and doctors.... After working for JAG in their medical malpractice department..... I NEVER went to a military doctor or military hospital ever again! I've always worked my own job and had my own insurance. That was a must. I really feel for a lot of people who have no other choice. I'm not saying that there aren't some good military doctors and hospitals, but 9 times out of 10 the enlisted soldiers and their family members "get the shaft" so to speak.


I could go on for days about the military life. I know we really miss it sometimes, but I'm certainly glad Jonathan isn't in the Army now. I have an old web page up that I made when we were just getting out. At least I think its still up. Here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/7952/


Well its off to watch some Bi*g Bro*ther 5 and Am*azing Ra*ce for me tonight. I am so into this reality TV crud. Have you heard of the new UPN show "Am*ish in the Ci*ty." Now that one should be a real hoot. I know, I know... A lot of you out there despise reality TV, but I am totally hooked. I couldn't live without my DVR. Good night!

Counting Down the Days.....
Monica; 7:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


about me
name: Monica
Home: Somewhere in NC
About: The life and times of a working mom with two kids who needs a break!






links
About Me


Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from monicahuck. Make your own badge here.


Archives



Blogroll

Blogroll Me!
Nance
Jane
Robyn
Emily
Caroline
Mallard
Allison
Mary
Jess
Krista
Goober Queen
Mojo
Special K
MrsDoF
Queen B
Say


Guestbook




credits
king i n c.
blogskins
blogger


Wanna know when I update?

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com


Webrings

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +
< # Blogging Bitches ? >


Blinkies Collection


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com